Writers Who Sometimes Write
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The Council, we're a bunch of writers who sometimes write, sometimes read, and sometimes just get really drunk and make shit up.

HomeCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Writing Software

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Al
Keep on Swimming
Keep on Swimming

Writing Software Empty
PostSubject: Writing Software   Writing Software Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2021 12:00 am

I've been on a quest to find some good writing software. I've tried Wavemaker and a few others, but nothing seems to beat google docs. Thoughts? What do you all use, and why?

Wavemaker is interesting, but if I hit the wrong button I accidentally delete everything I have stored on it, and well, using it causes me anxiety.
Back to top Go down
https://www.patreon.com/albell?fan_landing=true
Zhaba
Keep on Swimming
Keep on Swimming
Zhaba

Writing Software Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing Software   Writing Software Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2021 12:43 am

I’ve been loving Scrivener. It took me two solid hours to get through the tutorial, and I’m not even using some of the features as well as I could, there’s so much power and flexibility built into it. I use it for my writing, my drafting, my brainstorming, and storing all my research notes. It’s like a whole desk in one program.

Al likes this post

Back to top Go down
Al
Keep on Swimming
Keep on Swimming

Writing Software Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing Software   Writing Software Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2021 12:45 am

So it's worth the money in your mind? And how is it different than Google Docs?
Back to top Go down
https://www.patreon.com/albell?fan_landing=true
Zhaba
Keep on Swimming
Keep on Swimming
Zhaba

Writing Software Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing Software   Writing Software Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2021 12:50 am

Al wrote:
So it's worth the money in your mind? And how is it different than Google Docs?

I used my NaNo winner code to get it for 50% off, but I would pay full price for it. Do go through the tutorial with it if you get it!

I don’t use Google Docs except for work so I don’t know how it compares for writing. I like the interconnectedness and how easy it is to navigate. I’d probably be able to do something similar in Google Docs if I tried really hard but it was easier for me to use something already in existence!

Al likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Writing Software Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing Software   Writing Software Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Writing Software
Page 1 of 1